Getting Started Online
Having trouble registering? Click here to download a PDF that will walk you through the registration process step by step and includes screen shots.
So you plan to become an adult adventure leader/navigator. What are the first steps?
- Register for your myslant.org online account. When complete you will now see the Backpack section of the site, visible only to registered users. Be sure to use a valid email address, this is where any email notices will go.
- Update your member profile. It would be great if you could provide a photo of yourself.
- Create your group. Look for the "Create New Group" link near the top right corner of the main Backpack page or the Group Directory page. We hope the form is fairly self explanatory. Use default options if you are not sure about something. Certain items are required, like the address for the team. This will be used as the shipping address for any materials we send you including adventure guides and T-shirts. You are highly encouraged to have a digital group photo or emblem ready before you create your group.
- Provide more info about your group - once you have finished creating your team you can go on to provide information in the other tabs in group view. Just proceed from left to right filling in whatever information you currently have.
- The Project tab has a place for you to give your project start and end dates, signal when your project is completed and describe your project in detail. If you are unsure of your exact project start and end dates, just provide your best guess.
- The Members tab is where you can tell us about how many people are on your team and their T-shirt sizes so we can send your free materials.
- This would be a great time to bookmark or favorite your group in your browser.
- Once you have finished your group, why not get your feet wet at our Forums by replying to this welcome message.
- Return often to update your group's cumulative hours of service. This is the total number of hours put in by all team members. So if Suzie put in 3 hours since you last visited and Alejandro put in 4 hours, add 7 to whatever total you had previously. This is just an estimate. You can also update your project details as it evolves. And you can visit your group's Photos tab to create albums and make a visual record of your group's positive impact on the community.
- If you have more than one group - that's great. You can create as many groups as you need.
- If you want to reach out to other team leaders or those inside SLANT who support you, please leave a message on the Forums.